This is the LAST DAY TO VOTE! Let’s make one final push to make sure I win this one. THANK YOU for your support!
Natalia de Cuba Romero
Great food - Simply
Eat Your Way Through Puerto Rico: Chow Like a Native
Unlock the Language of Puerto Rican Flavor
Top Posts & Pages
- Sauteed Mushrooms and Onions (Burger Topping Extraordinaire)
- Latin-Style Yellow Rice (Arroz Amarillo)
- Crispy Beer Battered Oysters: Delightfully Light, Incredibly Easy
- Pastelón de amarillos/plátano maduro (Puerto Rican lasagne, with ripe plantains!)
- A Natural Mosquito Repellent? We test it.
- Roasted Pattypan Squash (yes, you can eat the rind)
- Make Your Party Puerto Rican: Ten Recipes for Great Island Food
- Salmorejo de jueyes (Land Crab Stew)
- Arroz con Habichuelas Rosadas (Puerto Rican Rice and Beans - authentic/how to fake them)
- Breadfruit - Panapén - High Seas History (and a rant)
- RT @EdibleLI: Save the Date: Our favorite event of the summer—@EdibleEastEnd's Food Truck Derby—will return on Friday, Aug 11! ❤️https://t.… 3 days ago
- Get this giveaway! @LIRestaurantWk @schaefer501c3 @EdibleLI @ccarney1 @CarolynMonastra twitter.com/EdibleLI/statu… 4 days ago
¡Comida Hispana! Recipes to unleash your inner Latino
It was another summer Friday in the neighborhood and that called for another festive cocktail. Riding high on the success of last session’s passionfruit mojitos, I decided to make mango mojitos. The drink itself followed much the same construction, but the mango was decidedly sweeter than the passionfruit, so I decided that it needed a […]
Summer evenings in the neighborhood can be wonderful. Occasionally on a Friday some of us neighbors bring out folding chairs and sit together in one front yard for a bit of happy hour while the kids go mental on someone else’s lawn. It’s pretty much BYO, but we do mix up a pitcher of experimental […]
We spent the better part of last summer in Puerto Rico, and among the tasty things that my little guy fell in love with was tembleque, a jiggly (temblar means to tremble) dessert that falls somewhere between pudding and flan. I promised him we’d make it back in New York, and this weekend, for a […]
When the heat gets tropical, so should the drinks. On a recent trip to the mountains of Puerto Rico, I was inspired by a wonderfully cooling and exotic sangría I had up around and about El Yumque (Caribbean National Forest, the only tropical rainforest in the U.S. Forest Service system) at Noelia’s, recommended to us […]
There are a number of land crab species skittering about Caribbean coastlines. Some are edible and the one we eat most here in Puerto Rico (although I am told they mostly are imported from Venezuela these days) is Cardisoma guanhumi which we call juey and — if you are English-speaking — you might call the […]
Can I Help You Find Something?
Hot, Cheap & Easy by Natalia de Cuba Romero is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at hotcheapeasy.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://hotcheapeasy.com.