We all love soup in my house. And when it is bitterly cold outside, there is nothing better to warm your insides than a hearty winter soup.
Here is a collection of favorites that are easy to put together and delicious both on the day or warmed up the next day at the office. Many are vegan. I like to make a vegan base in one pot, then separate the appropriate portions, adding something meaty for the unrepentant carnivores.
Bon appetit! Stay warm, my friends.
2. Canellini and Chard Soup (Vegetarian or with bacon)
3. Escarole Soup (vegan with drop-in meatball option for carnivores)
4. Lentil Soup (The one I make most often, especially in bitter cold weather! So textured and complex and hearty and cozy!)
5. Silky Leek and Potato Soup (butter yes, cream no)
7. Caldo Verde (Portuguese Sausage and Greens Soup)
8. Three Step Vegan Vegetable Soup (with non-vegan tortellini add-ons to please everyone’s food quirks!)
Read on for nine more recipes!
10. Asopao de Pollo (Soupy Chicken and Rice – Puerto Rican)
12. Smoky, Dense, Delicious Split Pea Soup (my mom’s favorite)
13. Simple Caribbean Chicken Noodle Soup (chuck it all in the pot at once!)
14. Creamy Yet Dairy-Free Turkey and Mushroom Soup (with links to turkey stock recipe)