Image

View From My Porch, May 24, 2013

24 May

View From My Porch, May 24, 2013

This is what it looked like on the South Shore of Long Island today! Note flourishing raised beds….A special image for Cecilia of The Kitchen Garden’s Project. Click to connect to her!

18 Responses to “View From My Porch, May 24, 2013”

1. colonialist May 28, 2013 at 8:30 am #

I love the splash of colour provided by the birdie-box! I should get one to stop our monkeys from swiping the birdseed before the birds can get to it.

2. kathryningrid May 27, 2013 at 10:19 am #

What an inviting space! And not, I might add, ‘just for the birds’. 🙂

3. Tammy May 26, 2013 at 2:03 am #

How pretty! I love that you take care of the birds.

4. Barbara May 25, 2013 at 8:06 pm #

Lovely to work with you today, I’ll be following your Blog!

• Natalia at Hot, Cheap & Easy May 25, 2013 at 8:35 pm #

Same here! Thanks for all the support both at the winery and for following the blog! Make sure to sign up for email notifications…

5. Karen May 25, 2013 at 6:38 pm #

The view from your porch is lovely and your raised beds look terrific.

• Natalia at Hot, Cheap & Easy May 25, 2013 at 8:36 pm #

Thank you Karen! (in that picture you can’t see the suffering tomato plants – first sunburn, now low temps!)

• Karen May 25, 2013 at 8:38 pm #

My tomatoes are still in my potting shed…normally we would be in Maine now and they would be in the ground. It has been raining for days and todays high was 48. 😦

• Natalia at Hot, Cheap & Easy May 25, 2013 at 8:40 pm #

Crazy, crazy Spring…scoffing at us gardeners…

6. Eha May 25, 2013 at 12:32 am #

Jealous! Bigtime!! Such lovely petunias so early in the season . . . and love the birdfeeders too 🙂 ! This was a great idea of Celi’s: now we all have somewhat of an idea of where we write from!!

• Natalia at Hot, Cheap & Easy May 25, 2013 at 6:30 am #

We have loads of birds here…more than 30 species make an appearance in a given year! No kookaburra’s though….

• Eha May 25, 2013 at 9:24 pm #

You would not want the ‘darlings’ sitting on your window sill at daybreak ‘singing for their breakfast’!! What a racket 🙂 !

• Natalia at Hot, Cheap & Easy May 25, 2013 at 9:48 pm #

oh but they do…blue jays particularly are ver y vocal. But me and the boy can sleep through ANYTHING!

7. Natalia at Hot, Cheap & Easy May 26, 2013 at 7:23 am #

Yes I do!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Stepping out of a few more Fellowship back doors! | thekitchensgarden - May 26, 2013

[…] I am fairly sure that Natalia from hot cheap and easy is somewhere close to New York but do correct me if I am wrong. All these mini bios come out of my […]