I have just been nominated for a Versatile Blogger Award by dear, dear Giovanna, from bluejellybeans! She is Panamanian, living in Madrid, and her blog is bilingual and very gorgeous! Oh, Lord, the holiday recipes…the chocolate….Gracias, Giovanna.
I must confess, I am not sure exactly how these awards work, but I will give it a try.
I need to tell my readers seven things they probably don’t know about me and then nominate another 15 bloggers. If I do it wrong, I trust the blogosphere to correct and forgive!
My Seven Things
1. I am afraid of heights.
2. My favorite color is green.
3. I have not been able to drink gin since my first unfortunate encounter with it when I was 15 at Hither Hills Campgrounds. Well, I think it was Hither Hills. I think I was 15. I am sure it was gin. Anyway, you get the idea.
4. I don’t eat olives.
5. I have a strawberry birthmark on the top of my head.
6. I was the captain of Puerto Rico’s first National Team for women’s soccer and have three international caps.
7. I once had a delightful tapas dinner with Oscar-winning director Alexander Payne. Actually, he had just won his first Golden Globe – for Sideways – and would win the Oscar a couple of weeks later. He was married at the time and so I did not capitalize on the opportunity, for which my friends still think I am a complete idiot.
8. My friends are right.
(It was supposed to be Seven Things About Me, but a good Puerto Rican always throws in an extra, unexpected treat at the end: La Ñapa, we call it….Cajuns and Creoles will recognize it as lagniappe, and Americans as the 13th donut in a baker’s dozen)
Your job is to visit any of these blogs that seem interesting and let them know they’ve been nominated (by me!). And I guess we’ll see what happens after that! Thanks for playing this game!
And the nominees are….
1. Seasoned Fork (Chef Deborah Rivera Pittorino out of Long Island’s North Fork)
2. Culinary Types (T.W. Barritt, kindred spirit at Restoration Farm)
3. That Is So Al (organize thyself)
4. Rufus Wine & Spirit Guide (the bomb for food and drink)
5.Backroad Journal (just beautiful)
6. Zarela (goddess of Mexican cuisine and good living)
7. The kitchen’s garden (gorgeous)
8. Frugal Feeding (keep it cheap! and fun)
9. Going Dutch (East and West)
10 Indulge – Travel, Adventure & New Experiences (self-explanatory)
11. Savory Simple (beautifully delicious)
12. From Scratch Club (inventive, instructive, upstate kitchen cool)
13. When Harry Met Celery (hahahahahaha)
14. Baking With Basil (pretty and innovative!!!!)