It is awards season…not just the Oscars, but some blogger awards that some of my favorite bloggers were kind enough to nominate me for! I don’t usually do these, because they take up a lot of time and I am flat-out trying to get all the things in my life done! But it is Oscar night and I have some Hollywood and award-related stuff about myself to tell, plus I want to express my heartfelt appreciation (and a link) to Becoming Madame for the Beautiful Blogger Award. She tells her own story best…
“An inside look into a real life in the City of Lights and Love. I’m an American & Canadian turned Madame who lives in the heart of Paris. Come along as I open up the world of the French from the inside – les marchés, Soldes, boulangeries, cafés… Through my posts & videos experience what life is like as a resident of Paris.”
Merci beaucoup, Madame!
The other award comes with a special announcement: Miss Marzipan has just had a baby! Before she did, she nominated me for The Wonderful Team Member Readership Award (below). She’s a DIY girl with loads of great clips for de-cluttering, so pay her a visit, wish her congratulations, and wish her luck keeping organized with a new little one!
Thanks to Miss Marzipan!
The awards ask you to tell everyone seven new things about yourself and then nominate some other bloggers who should say thanks to me, link back, and carry on the awards to their favorite bloggers. I’ll mention the bloggers first, then tell you some movie/awards-related things about myself! Named bloggers…feel free to take the award of your choice…or both!
These folks are new to me and I have not nominated them before. Well, maybe I have and have forgotten! Please don’t feel slighted if I haven’t mentioned you…in fact, send me a message and I will, especially if we are frequent visitors to one another’s blogs. I hesitate to add more, because I know many of you do not or have stopped accepting awards. We aim to please.
Bam’s Kitchen Healthy World
El Gringo Picante
Cristian Mihai - musings
Life Is Short. Eat Hard
Savvy Single Suppers
A Lot on Your Plate
The Unorthodox Epicure
Real Italian Dish
Daisy and the fox
Cloud of Lace (fashion!)
Award and Movie Related Stuff About Me (I had to dig deep for this stuff!):
1. Way in the past I won the Overseas Press Club Award for coverage of Hurricane Hortense with The San Juan Star in Puerto Rico. In the same year my team of three reporters won the Puerto Rico Press Association Award for investigative reporting for our work to uncover abuses in the Worker’s Compensation system
2. I went to high school with much of the Baldwin clan: actors William and Stephen, and their sister, Jane. I went to college, for a brief time, with actresses Robin Givens, Holly Robinson, and Lauren Holly.
3. Among the Oscar winners I have interviewed are Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks.
4. I once had dinner with Alexander Payne, Oscar-winning screenwriter/director of Sideways and The Descendants. He had just won the Golden Globe for Sideways and would win the Oscar the following week.
5. I participated in a film on the life of photographer and artist Jack Delano. I have never seen the film.
6. My favorite movies are (incomplete and moderately accurate list): The Incredibles, Amelie, Sideways, Motorcycle Diaries; Babette’s Feast (of course), and I can’t remember any others.
7. I have not seen a single Oscar-nominated film this year.
Enjoy the Oscars everyone!