As the weather cools, I am turning the oven on more and more (the big oven). Packing the oven uses less energy and is a great way to use up an abundance of garden vegetables. Roast everything one evening and have veggies for side dishes, quick pastas, lunchtime wraps, and whatever else you can think of for the next three or four days!
Natalia de Cuba Romero
Great food - Simply
Eat Your Way Through Puerto Rico: Chow Like a Native
Unlock the Language of Puerto Rican Flavor
Top Posts & Pages
- Make Your Party Puerto Rican: Ten Recipes for Great Island Food
- Perníl al horno (Puerto Rican oven-roasted pork)
- Sauteed Mushrooms and Onions (Burger Topping Extraordinaire)
- Spag bog? Spag bol? Spaghetti Bolognese!
- Arroz con pollo clásico (Puerto Rican Chicken and Rice, traditional and epic)
- Rich, Hearty and Creamy Turkey and Mushroom Soup (dairy-free leftover solution!)
- Pastelón de amarillos/plátano maduro (Puerto Rican lasagne, with ripe plantains!)
- Arroz con Habichuelas Rosadas (Puerto Rican Rice and Beans - authentic/how to fake them)
- Pastelón de Yuca (Puerto Rican Shepherd's Pie)
- Latin-Style Yellow Rice (Arroz Amarillo)
- Festive Turkey Salad (With sweetness AND crunch!) wp.me/p18ra3-jE via @wordpressdotcom #leftovers #turkeyrecipes 2 days ago
- Top Hot, Cheap & Easy post this week: yuca salad wp.me/p18ra3-53 via @wordpressdotcom #latinrecipes #superbowlfood 5 days ago
¡Comida Hispana! Recipes to unleash your inner Latino
Soup and stew season is upon us! Funnily enough, I was working on a story on Indian food for Edible Long Island when I spotted my kind of calabaza in the pumpkin section of Patel Brothers (a nationwide chain of Indian/South Asian groceries stores) in Hicksville, and made sure to buy a big hunk on […]
Grilled pineapple is one of the joys of summer grilling. Searing thick slices of juicy pineapple brings out their sweetness and gives them a more rounded flavor.And when you have leftovers, you can dice them and add them to salsa for a sweet-tart surprise that marries so well with smoky, spicy chipotle and bright red […]
Whether it’s Memorial Day, Fourth of July, or Christmas, the following dishes – most of them quite easy to prepare and using ingredients available in regular supermarkets (especially those that carry Goya products) — are a medley of the best of Puerto Rican food. This is not a complete list, of course, but mix and […]
Some of you have reported hunting down my bean recipes. Well here are some of my faves, all gathered in one place! Just click on the image to get to the recipe.
I had a butternut squash from way back in the fall and a desire for real arroz con habichuelas (Puerto Rican pink beans and rice), which may seem not to have anything to do with butternut squash soup, but after I boiled the squash, I realized I had about twice as much as I needed! […]
Can I Help You Find Something?
Hot, Cheap & Easy by Natalia de Cuba Romero is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at hotcheapeasy.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://hotcheapeasy.com.