While I work on other posts that help you make real food, please take a few minutes (it is long, but riveting) to read this New York Times article how the junk food industry formulates their products! Illuminating, scary, weird science, indeed! Just click on the header, or the picture and you should get there.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Natalia de Cuba Romero
Great food - Simply
Eat Your Way Through Puerto Rico: Chow Like a Native
Unlock the Language of Puerto Rican Flavor
Top Posts & Pages
- Sauteed Mushrooms and Onions (Burger Topping Extraordinaire)
- Quick Cook Clams on the Half Shell - Lighter and Healthier Mediterranean Style
- Make Your Party Puerto Rican: Ten Recipes for Great Island Food
- Roasted Pattypan Squash (yes, you can eat the rind)
- Jam On! Fresh Strawberry Rhubarb Jam (no gelatin, no pectin, no sweat!)
- Pastelón de amarillos/plátano maduro (Puerto Rican lasagne, with ripe plantains!)
- Arroz con pollo clásico (Puerto Rican Chicken and Rice, traditional and epic)
- Scandinavian Shrimp Salad (dill-icious)
- Light Yet Hearty Springtime Spanish Tortilla
- ¡Churrasco! Padushi's Grilling Secrets Revealed
- My workshop at the Literacy Assistance Center tom. May 22 Turnkey Templates for Teachable Moments for ESOL Teachers-- eventbrite.com/event/54559408… 3 days ago
- tell Congress to repeal the Monsanto Protection Act! bit.ly/12p0oHG @food_democracy Please RT 3 days ago
¡Comida Hispana! Recipes to unleash your inner Latino
Whether it’s Memorial Day, Fourth of July, or Christmas, the following dishes – most of them quite easy to prepare and using ingredients available in regular supermarkets (especially those that carry Goya products) — are a medley of the best of Puerto Rican food. This is not a complete list, of course, but mix and […]
Some of you have reported hunting down my bean recipes. Well here are some of my faves, all gathered in one place! Just click on the image to get to the recipe.
I had a butternut squash from way back in the fall and a desire for real arroz con habichuelas (Puerto Rican pink beans and rice), which may seem not to have anything to do with butternut squash soup, but after I boiled the squash, I realized I had about twice as much as I needed! […]
It’s a sad irony that I finally have perfected Latin white rice (thanks to my dad’s technique) and the doctor tells me that I have to reduce carbs for my triglycerides or somesuch! Terrible. But Leandro received no such warning, so he gets to enjoy my now fantastic rice with any number of dishes. Here’s […]
You may ask whether I am cooking at all lately, seeing as I have been posting more of my dad, Pedro’s recipes than my own. Truth is, I have been cooking as much as usual, but sticking to my go-to recipes like Spinach Pasta, Pollo Guisado (Stewed Chicken), and the like. I am prepping for […]
Can I Help You Find Something?
Hot, Cheap & Easy by Natalia de Cuba Romero is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at hotcheapeasy.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://hotcheapeasy.com.