I invented this recipe for my beloved Single Mothers by Choice support group; we meet up once a month at someone's home and our kids go mental playing, while we bring snacks -- often home-made -- drink tea and coffee, and discuss -- among other momentous questions -- whether a date for Valentine's Day is possible, do-able or desirable (Some women have married out, so the answer might just be yes).
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Natalia de Cuba Romero
Great food - Simply
Eat Your Way Through Puerto Rico: Chow Like a Native
Unlock the Language of Puerto Rican Flavor
Top Posts & Pages
- Light Yet Hearty Springtime Spanish Tortilla
- Sauteed Mushrooms and Onions (Burger Topping Extraordinaire)
- Pastelón de amarillos/plátano maduro (Puerto Rican lasagne, with ripe plantains!)
- Arroz con pollo clásico (Puerto Rican Chicken and Rice, traditional and epic)
- Jam On! Fresh Strawberry Rhubarb Jam (no gelatin, no pectin, no sweat!)
- Why I Am Hot, Cheap & Easy
- Roasted Pattypan Squash (yes, you can eat the rind)
- Apple Cinnamon Muffins (Easing into a delicious autumn)
- ¡Churrasco! Padushi's Grilling Secrets Revealed
- The Best International Potluck Dance Party. Ever!
- tell Congress to repeal the Monsanto Protection Act! bit.ly/12p0oHG @food_democracy Please RT 14 hours ago
- What to do with all that fresh asparagus j.mp/12yW7TM #seasonalcooking #ediblelongisland 4 days ago
¡Comida Hispana! Recipes to unleash your inner Latino
Some of you have reported hunting down my bean recipes. Well here are some of my faves, all gathered in one place! Just click on the image to get to the recipe.
I had a butternut squash from way back in the fall and a desire for real arroz con habichuelas (Puerto Rican pink beans and rice), which may seem not to have anything to do with butternut squash soup, but after I boiled the squash, I realized I had about twice as much as I needed! […]
It’s a sad irony that I finally have perfected Latin white rice (thanks to my dad’s technique) and the doctor tells me that I have to reduce carbs for my triglycerides or somesuch! Terrible. But Leandro received no such warning, so he gets to enjoy my now fantastic rice with any number of dishes. Here’s […]
You may ask whether I am cooking at all lately, seeing as I have been posting more of my dad, Pedro’s recipes than my own. Truth is, I have been cooking as much as usual, but sticking to my go-to recipes like Spinach Pasta, Pollo Guisado (Stewed Chicken), and the like. I am prepping for […]
“I was looking for a yellow rice recipe on your blog and I couldn’t find one,” says my dear friend Deborah the other day. “What kind of a Puerto Rican are you?” Since Deborah’s people also hail from the Island of Enchantment, I cannot share my answer on a family blog. And in fact, […]
Can I Help You Find Something?
Hot, Cheap & Easy by Natalia de Cuba Romero is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at hotcheapeasy.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://hotcheapeasy.com.