I am pleased to announce that Andreea of The Windy Kitchen has nominated me for the Liebster Award!
This is an award that you pass on to another set of favorite bloggers as you will see below. Visit them if you can; I have tried to include blogs I have recently started following.
First, I will answer Andreea’s 11 questions to me. When you scroll down you’ll find out how the award works.
1. If you were to take a cooking class, what would it be? Knife skills/butchering game. It pisses me off that Sarah Palin can field dress a moose and I can’t.
2. If you were to open a restaurant, what type of restaurant would it be? Luncheon place for Latin and family faves. I don’t want weird hours, nor a big menu.
3. What is your favourite part of blogging? Connecting with other people through food. And writing. Always writing.
4. If money were no object, where would you live and why? Farm country that is close to the sea, because those are my two geographical passions. North Fork of Long Island, Loiza Aldea or Rincón in Puerto Rico, maybe one of the Gullah Islands off the southeastern U.S.
5. What is your favorite TV show? All I watch is the news. BBC World New, I guess, although it is all rather depressing these days.
6. If you could mix any flavors you wanted, what would you put in your birthday cake? Tres leches and chocolate. And raspberries.
7. What would be your dream vacation? Farm stay near the Slow Food University in Italy? Or a beachfront villa (see answer 4)
9. What’s your favorite kitchen gadget? Tongs
10. Best Christmas present you ever received or gifted? A copy of The Cello Suites together with a recording of Pablo Casals playing Bach’s Cello Suites for my music-loving godson.
11. Name one personality trait that you like about yourself. I love puns. The worse, the better.
The Rules, once you are nominated:
1. Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Acknowledge that blogger on your blog and link back.
3. Answer the 11 questions proposed by the person who nominated you.
4. Select 11 people for the award.
5. Pose 11 new questions to the new nominees.
1. What is your favorite food aroma?
2. When did you realize you were interested in cooking?
3. What is your number one kitchen tip for folks learning to cook?
4. What is your favorite comfort food?
5. Were you a picky eater as a kid?
6. What do you do when you are not blogging?
7. What is your favorite beverage?
8. Who is your favorite dinner partner?
9. What is the one ingredient without which life for you would have no flavor?
10. What is your favorite food splurge?
11. What is your favorite restaurant atmosphere?
And my nominations are:
3. Mad Dog T.V. Dinners – One of my absolute favorites! Cooking, eating, and fun from England
4. Texana’s Kitchen – Bawdy good girl badness
7. School-Bites – a fellow mom with a mission to improve school meals!